Sunday, January 8, 2012

Palawan Journey Series DAY 1/10: FOR YOUR EYES ONLY


Dec. 25

After our simple Christmas Eve celebration, we all went down to Manila to catch our flight.
We spent our Christmas day in Puerto Princesa, Palawan.


Aerial view of Dos Palmas


Mom and Dad

Thank you Zest Air!




They have timers on their stoplights!

107 secs before it turns green.




Yummy!!

Simot sarap!

We were all so full indulging ourselves with seafood.
Our tour for that night was FIREFLY WATCHING! I was not able to get pictures that night because:

1. I was not able to manipulate my dslr well. With the heavy darkness and moving bangka I was not able to balance the shutterspeed and ISO and everything. (sorry for lack of skill!) Use of flash was not allowed either.
2. I did not bring the video cam along, to atleast get a video of the light of the fireflies.

Anyways, we traversed a long, quiet, dark road to the Iwahig River. While sitting in the van, I thought we were going to be kidnapped or something. There were no vans/automobiles behind or in front of us nor was there any meeting us from the other way. But when we got to the place there were loads of tourists vans and we had to wait our turn to ride the bangkas. The bangkas could only ride 3 passengers, the boatman/speaker and 2 firefly watchers.

We could hear the other finished tourists uttering "for your eyes only!". I did not understand why but when we got our turn, I could not get a good picture of how the fireflies light up together or twinkle randomly. I stopped trying to fix my camera settings because I just had to experience the awesome light display!

The fireflies were like live Christmas lights, I was in pure awe and excitement and so was my mom sitting in front of me. Not only did they showcase the fireflies but they added information about the stars and constellations. Everytime the speaker paddled it would produce glow-in-the-dark riffles. I mean seriously! It was like the AVATAR movie out there! The riffles were glowing due to the pressure given to the water causing the plankton to light up!
My Christmas was so complete because of the FIREFLY WATCHING. Kudos to the boatman/speaker, Kuya Jasper, he really has nice voice plus English! They were all good and kind.


Waiting for our turn..

I did my best to get a picture of the fireflies!

Special Mention:
Wild Rock Travel and Tours for the tour package.
If you're interested to travel and experience Palawan, please leave me a message.


No comments:

Post a Comment