Friday, February 17, 2012

Healthy Working Environment

Hi guys, Im here to let my anger and thoughts flow freely and to let everything out before I go to school and take a quiz.
I believe a good, healthy working environment should start at home and besides a healthy environment is a better motivation for you to work better! I am no business owner nor do I have a stable job with a stable salary (but I work as a commissioned writer for an advertising business). So why am I saying these stuff.. I've graduated in a University with the course Business Administration major in Marketing and since I was in high school I would often be at our "sari-sari store" to be the "saleslady". Oh this is a small thing, and it's pro bono (for free)! I've just got into an argument with my mother about issuing receipts. I issued some receipts with a few days gaps after the last receipt, if you're familiar with this situation you know that receipts should be issued at every transaction, everyday. So clearly, THIS IS THE REAL WORLD (so did my mom say)! I did piss her good when I made this "cheating" mistake about the issuance of my receipts. Defective daw because of the wide gaps of dates! She even contested that why was the issuance of receipts not taught in business school?! Did I not graduate from a business school!? I was so insulted, my mother insulted my capabilities as a graduate! Everytime she would belittle and criticize me, it would always feel like a slap on the face! SORRY MA! COLLEGE DID NOT TEACH US THE REAL WORLD, THEY TAUGHT US TO AT LEAST TRY TO SURVIVE IT, CHEATING RECEIPTS WAS NOT IN OUR TEXTBOOKS NOR WAS IT PART OF ANY OF OUR SUBJECTS! This argument was bad! It hit straight through! Yes, school did not teach us these stuff, it was all so new, kaya nga pati mga Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, at kahit Suma Cum Laude namin still go through training eh! REAL WORLD is so different from the IDEAL PROFESSIONAL WORLD taught in school. And my mother knows little of how training goes, since we're graduates she expects us to know everything! Which was wrong! Learning never stops in school in goes on and on! My mother does not know that, gusto niya kasi lahat katulad niya.
So why is my post entitled "Healthy Working Environment"? Because where I live or "work" (working for my mother, that is) is not a healthy environment, when I do something good for the store I get no recognition. Walang "wow anak! ang galing galing mo" or "good job, tama yan!". No recognition=no encouragement thus no healthy environment. It's just sad that it's even your family! Now I know why my friends who are nurses do not like to work for their doctor parents. I guess every business owner, business entrepreneur, everyone should know that their employees, worker, people around them also need some recognition to make them feel that they've done a good job and they're on the right track. By some little recognition, your business can make through the toughest depressions the economy can take (maybe).
Now that's one lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment